Re: [Solved] 8.3 Stats Collector Stuck at 100% CPU

От Josh Kupershmidt
Тема Re: [Solved] 8.3 Stats Collector Stuck at 100% CPU
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Hm.  It sounds like you are "leaking" stats collector table entries for
> some reason.  It would be good to fix the underlying problem rather than
> just resign yourself to a manual workaround.  Is there anything unusual
> about your workload that might trigger this?

Don't think the database setup is that unusual. I did overestimate how
quickly pgstat.stat is growing; it's only gone up to 800KB in the 20
hours since I ran pg_stat_reset(). I thought it was growing 4MB per
day because last night it had grown to 500KB in just 3 hours. Also, it
had ballooned to 1.2 GB after running for around a year, I think.

Relevant stats-related info I can think of:
 * default_statistics_target = 10
 * I don't think any tables have had ALTER TABLE SET STATISTICS done
 * the two really active databases have 2300 and 490 rows in pg_class
 * mostly bulk updates/inserts
 * PGDATA is 1.6 TB

If there's some useful debugging info on the stats collector process I
can gather from the server, I'd be happy to try.

Josh