Re: passwords and 7.3

От Nicolas Kowalski
Тема Re: passwords and 7.3
Дата
Re: passwords and 7.3  (Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to>)
Список pgsql-general

> It isn't mentioned in the MIGRATION section (bad), but is mentioned as
> change in the HISTORY file:
>
>    Remove secondary password file capability and pg_password utility
>    (Bruce)
>
> We honestly didn't think anyone was using that secondary password file
> anymore.  You are the first to report the problem.

Our PostgreSQL installation heavily depends on this external passwords
file. This one is generated from a global NIS (standard crypt method)
database, and thus allows users to connect to the databases without
the need to change yet another password. This behaviour is really
appreciated here.

My 2 euro-cents.

--
Nicolas