Re: Query does not work: parse ERROR, Re: How to enter lists into database: Problems with solution.

От Carl van Tast
Тема Re: Query does not work: parse ERROR, Re: How to enter lists into database: Problems with solution.
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi Frederick,

On Wed, 26 Sep 2001 19:08:59 +0000 (UTC), fklauschen@yahoo.com
(Frederick Klauschen) wrote:

>Hi Josh,
>
>I am really sorry to bother you again and I promise
>to buy a book after this problem is solved and
>stop asking these "beginners'" questions.
>But the last example-Query you sent me does not
>work, it produces:
>
>ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "("
>
>and I am sure, I entered it correctly.
>(I also tried on PostgreSQL Versions 7.0.3 and
>7.1.3)

it's strange! With 7.1.3 here I don't get any parser error, but
"ERROR:  Attribute people_attributes.people_id must be GROUPed or used
in an aggregate function".  So I changed Josh's statement to

SELECT people.people_id, people.name,      people.address,      people_attributes.attribute_name,
people_attributes.attribute_value
FROM people, people_attributes,      ( SELECT people_id, count(*) as match_count        FROM people_attributes,
search_attributes        WHERE search_id = 31        AND people_attributes.attribute_name =
search_attributes.attribute_name       AND people_attributes.attribute_value ~*
search_attributes.attribute_value       GROUP BY people_id) matches,      ( SELECT count(*) as attribute_count
FROMsearch_attributes        WHERE search_id = 31 ) searched

WHERE people.people_id = people_attributes.people_id AND people.people_id = matches.people_id AND matches.match_count =
searched.attribute_count;

and it seems to work now.

>Thank you very much,
>Frederick