Re: simple query question

От Rob Hoffman
Тема Re: simple query question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
How about
    update blah where upper(actor || ' - ' || movie) = upper('jack
nicholson - one flew over the cookoo's nest')

I changed LIKE to = since it looks like you are really wanting something of
an exact match.  Like is usually used in conjuction with the % sign for
pattern matches.

I believe Postgres concatinated with the double || operator but I do do that
often and didn't verify the statement, but it should get you in the
ballpark.

Rob