Re: what is the solution like oracle DB's datafile

От Eagna
Тема Re: what is the solution like oracle DB's datafile
Дата
Список pgsql-general

<laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> wrote:

> - Oracle was developed earlier, and one can argue that in those days file systems
> were not so great, so there was more need to write your own

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Postgres (or Ingres upon which it's based) development start in the early-to-mid
70'sand Oracle's only in the late 70's - early 80's?

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ingres_(database)#Early_history
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PostgreSQL#History

E.