Re: RFD: comp.databases.postgresql.general

От Rob Kelk
Тема Re: RFD: comp.databases.postgresql.general
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 4 Nov 2004 17:17:20 GMT, "Andy" <me@privacy.net> wrote to
news.groups:

>Someone posted this official proposal to create
>comp.databases.postgresql.general again.

As the name says, this is a Request for Discussion, not an "official
proposal" (whatever that may be).  Discussion about this is not only
welcome, it is encouraged.

>     He wrote his own charter.

Somebody had to write one.  If there's a problem with it, now is the
time for discussion.  (I can see some potential problems with it,
actually - there's no mention of what sort of posts would be on-topic or
off-topic for the proposed newsgroup, for one thing.)

>     As
>far as I know, he did not consult any of the postgresql groups first.

It is difficult to consult a group that isn't carried on all servers.
That's one reason why this thread is being posted to news.groups - it's
a group that is carried on almost every Usenet server.

>There may be an upcoming vote on this, so please stay informed and read
>news.newgroups.announce for updates.

And please take part in the discussion if you have a concern that hasn't
been raised by someone else.

>Also see message <2uu44nF2eodc0U1@uni-berlin.de> for an example of the
>proponent's temperament.

It looks to me like the proponent is upset about not being able to
access the existing sort-of-newsgroup, and would like the group promoted
to full newsgroup status so that it will have a larger propogation.

<snip>

--
Rob Kelk
Personal address (ROT-13): eboxryx -ng- wxfei -qbg- pbz