Re: RFD: comp.databases.postgresql.general

От Kenneth Downs
Тема Re: RFD: comp.databases.postgresql.general
Дата
Re: RFD: comp.databases.postgresql.general  ("Gary L. Burnore" <gburnore@databasix.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Andy wrote:

> Someone posted this official proposal to create
> comp.databases.postgresql.general again. He wrote his own charter. As
> far as I know, he did not consult any of the postgresql groups first.
> There may be an upcoming vote on this, so please stay informed and read
> news.newgroups.announce for updates.
>
> Also see message <2uu44nF2eodc0U1@uni-berlin.de> for an example of the
> proponent's temperament.

I can see how this would ruffle some serious feathers.

But if I can risk getting a smack, I'd like to say that I had a bit of
trouble figuring out how to get on to this group.  The "respectable" news
server I use does not carry it, but it shows up on Google.  What's that
about?

Then I've noticed some notes here and there that you are supposed to send
some emails to a list-server if you post, to avoid messing up the mailing
list?  Is that right?  Why would I be worried about a listserv?

Finally figured out this is some kind of hybrid newsgroup/mail-list.  Is
that right?  Real question is, why I am trying to figure this out?  Why
isn't it on the news server with all of the other technical groups?

To make a long story short, the request might not have been made in the most
diplomatic way, but it would, if adopted, solve some real anomalies that
confuse newcomers to this group and its relatives.

--
Kenneth Downs
Use first initial plus last name at last name plus literal "fam.net" to