Re: Moving from 7.x to 8.0beta4 with a backup

От Bill Harris
Тема Re: Moving from 7.x to 8.0beta4 with a backup
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Bill Harris <bill_harris@facilitatedsystems.com> writes:

> $ /cygdrive/c/Program\ Files/PostgreSQL/8.0.0-beta4/bin/psql.exe template1 < da
> tabase.backup
> Password:
> psql: FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "user name"

It was a relatively easy answer.  I temporarily edited pg_hba.conf to
allow users without passwords, I created the user in question, and I
made small edits to the start of my backup file, and it all worked well.

Bill
--
Bill Harris
Facilitated Systems