Aw: Re: Surprising results from current_role in a "security invoker" trigger function in a "cascade delete via FK" scenario

От Karsten Hilbert
Тема Aw: Re: Surprising results from current_role in a "security invoker" trigger function in a "cascade delete via FK" scenario
Дата
Ответ на Re: Surprising results from current_role in a "security invoker" trigger function in a "cascade delete via FK" scenario  (Bryn Llewellyn <bryn@yugabyte.com>)
Ответы Re: Surprising results from current_role in a "security invoker" trigger function in a "cascade delete via FK" scenario  (Bryn Llewellyn <bryn@yugabyte.com>)
Список pgsql-general
I'll be happy to make a smaller example. It will, however, need to create users, a database, schemas, and some number
oftriggers. Because the triggers, their functions, and everything else about them follow a pattern, I can use
"format()"and dynamic SQL to generate them. I'll still need those three "security definer" procedures to make the table
changesthat I explained. And the code to call these procedures to implement the test. So the result won't be exactly
small.But, while I'm generating the triggers, I may just as well generate all eight. After all, how would I know which
ofthe eight to skip while I don't know the intended rules for the current_role?

= You'd certainly start out with all eight but then whittle down to what still exhibits the problem and post that.
= Karsten