Re: Permissions within a function

От Thomas Hallgren
Тема Re: Permissions within a function
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:

>Thomas Hallgren wrote:
>

>>Is there a way to bypass security checks that retains the SQL parser?
>>I'd like my C-code to do something like:
>>
>>impersonate pgadmin
>>SELECT image from class_table
>>revert to self
>>

>You can use GetUserId() and SetUserId() to flip the current user
>identity around as you like.  For such a simple query, however, it
>might seem better to bypass SPI altogether and do a straight table
>lookup through lower-level functions.

Brilliant! I had no idea it was that simple. SetUserId seems to be
extremely lightweight and just what I need. By using it, I can let my
ClassLoader execute with other restrictions than the function caller
(bypassing SPI is not so good for me since the loader is fairly complex
and will access more than one table).

Thanks for the advice,
Thomas Hallgren

От: Thomas Hallgren
Сообщение: Re: Permissions within a function
От: ohp@pyrenet.fr
Сообщение: Re: Call for port reports