Re: Question regarding dynamic_library_path

От Thomas Hallgren
Тема Re: Question regarding dynamic_library_path
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> "Thomas Hallgren" <thhal@mailblocks.com> writes:
> > Why does postgres maintain a loader logic of its own? I can understand
that
> > the dynamic_library_path is necessary in order to configure everything
in
> > one single place. But why not just merge it with the LD_LIBRARY_PATH (or
> > PATH on Windows) and then let dlopen do the rest using a stripped
filename?

> What LD_LIBRARY_PATH?  The above statement is so full of system-specific
> assumptions that it seems hopeless.
>
> regards, tom lane

The LD_LIBRARY_PATH or PATH depending on system (Posix or Windows) that is
effective when the dlopen function is called. All OS'es where shared
libraries are possible have something similar.

The general idea is to let the OS find the shared library rather than have
the backend do it by itself. There's a flaw in the current design. IMHO, it
would be a good thing to improve it.

regards,

Thomas Hallgren

От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: cvs head : broken regression tests ?
От: "Thomas Hallgren"
Сообщение: Re: Question regarding dynamic_library_path