Re: Signature change for SPI_cursor_open

От Thomas Hallgren
Тема Re: Signature change for SPI_cursor_open
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:> You should set the flag if and only if you are executing a pl/java> function that has a provolatile
settingof "stable" or "immutable".> The new rule is that only functions declared "volatile" are allowed> to have side
effectson the database.  See pghackers discussions in> early September about updating snapshots, doing
CommandCounterIncrement,>and so forth within functions.>

Ok, now I understand. Thanks for the explanation. I guess that if
read_only is set to true and an attempt is made to execute a plan that
has side effect, that will cause an ERROR?

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren