Re:Re: Re: Add support to TLS 1.3 cipher suites and curves lists

От Erica Zhang
Тема Re:Re: Re: Add support to TLS 1.3 cipher suites and curves lists
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Hi Michael and Peter,
Thanks a lot for the elaboration of the patch process for PG17.  It's really unfortunate missing the the development cycle of PG17.
Just some context of why we hurry to try to catch up with PG17.

There are certain government, financial and other enterprise organizations that have very strict requirements about the encrypted communication and more specifically about fine grained params like the TLS ciphers and curves that they use. The default ones for those customers are not acceptable. Any products that integrate Postgres and requires encrypted communication with the Postgres would have to fulfil those requirements.

So if we can have this patch in the upcoming new major version, that means Postgres users who have similar requirements can upgrade to PG17.

Thanks!

Original Email