Fw: Re: get current log file

От Armor
Тема Fw: Re: get current log file
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Sorry, forgot forwarding the mail to the mail list.
Please put some comments.

------------------
Jerry Yu
https://github.com/scarbrofair

From:  "Armor";<yupengstone@qq.com>;
Date:  Tue, Feb 2, 2016 09:22 PM
To:  "Alvaro Herrera"<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>;
Subject:  Re: [HACKERS] get current log file

     As we known, the name of current log file depends on the number of seconds (for simple, later I will call it last_syslogger_file_time) since Epoch when create new log file. So, for this feature, the key is how syslogger process pass last_syslogger_file_time to backend processes.

    To pass last_syslogger_file_time, we have 2 solutions: 1, add a global variable to record last_syslogger_file_time which shared by backends and syslogger, so backends can get last_syslogger_file_time very easily; 2 syslogger process send last_syslogger_file_time to pgstat process when last_syslogger_file_time changes, just as other auxiliary processes send stat  message to pgstat process, and  pgstat process will write  last_syslogger_file_time into stat file so that backend can get last_syslogger_file_time via reading this stat file.

   For these 2 solutions, we prefer to later, because we want to keep the global variables space much simpler.
   On the other side, we need to add a new function named pg_stat_get_log_file_name() which will return the current log file name  according to last_syslogger_file_time and log file name format.
   If you have any question, please let me know.
Jerry Yu