Re:Re: Add support to TLS 1.3 cipher suites and curves lists

От Erica Zhang
Тема Re:Re: Add support to TLS 1.3 cipher suites and curves lists
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Hi All,
Frist of all really appreciate the review of my patch. I've seperated the patch into two: patch_support_tls1.3 for tls1.3 support and patch_support_curves_group for a set of curves list.

TLS1.3 support - patch_support_tls1.3
I agree with Jelte that it's better to have different options for tls1.2 and lower(cipher list) and tls1.3(cipher suite) since openssl provided different APIs for each. As for users not faimilar with TLS(they don't care TLS,)we can still keep the default value as described here https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/runtime-config-connection.html. If TLS is critical to them(they should have figured out the different options in tls1.2 and tls1.3), then they can set the values on-demand. Moreover we can add some description of these two options.
eg.
ssl_ciphers                                 | HIGH:MEDIUM:+3DES:!aNULL                      | Sets the list of allowed SSL ciphers for TLS1.2 and lower.
ssl_ciphers_suites                          | HIGH:MEDIUM:+3DES:!aNULL                 | Sets the list of allowed SSL cipher suites for TLS1.3.

Curves groups - patch_support_curves_group
Indeed SSL_CTX_set1_curves_list is deprecated it's bette to change to SSL_CTX_set1_groups_list instead.

Original Email