Re: Database Design tool

От Reinoud van Leeuwen
Тема Re: Database Design tool
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Wed, 30 Oct 2002 14:35:23 +0000 (UTC), johannes.lochmann@chello.at
(Johannes Lochmann) wrote:

>> Can anybody take me reference on Database design tool with PostgreSQL
>> support.

You can use PowerDesigner from Sybase. Windows only. A fully
functional trial version (45 days) is downloadable at www.sybase.com.
it has:
- support for al major databases (Postgresql, Sybase, Oracle, MS SQL,
Mysql)
- support to generate triggers automatically
- nice reporting features
- ability to reverse engineer existing databases (through ODBC of from
a file)
- central repository (database) storage, or storage of your model in
an XML file (which I use to auto generate perl classes from my saved
model)
- UML modeling
- lots of other buzzword-compliant features ";-)

It is an expensive tool, but if you do serious design work, you'll
need a tool like this

"Nothing is as subjective as reality"
Reinoud van Leeuwen       reinoud.v@n.leeuwen.net
http://www.xs4all.nl/~reinoud