Re: How to exit/abort from a function that returns VOID?

От Andre Lopes
Тема Re: How to exit/abort from a function that returns VOID?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks. I got working.

Best Regards,

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 10:25 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tuesday 04 May 2010 1:55:35 pm Andre Lopes wrote:
> HI,
>
> I have a PLPgSQL function that return void but I need to exit the function
> if some condition returns true.
>
> I have tried to do this, but I got an error:
>
> [code]
>         IF pVAL_CHAVE_2 > pVAL_CAMPO1 THEN
>             RAISE NOTICE 'O campo data fim tem de ser maior que o campo
> data inicio.';
>             RETURN 0;
>         END IF;
> [/code]
>
> The error is the folowing:
>
> [quote]
> ERROR:  RETURN cannot have a parameter in function returning void at or
> near "0" at character 1973
> [/quote]
>
> My question. How can I display the NOTICE and exit the function?
>
> Best Regards,

RETURN;
From here:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/plpgsql-control-structures.html#PLPGSQL-STATEMENTS-RETURNING

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Please help me debug regular segfaults on 8.3.10
От: Andre Lopes
Сообщение: Function not RAISE NOTICE if a parameter is NULL