Re: Database viewpoint of subject - Sending e-mails from database table with Cronjob

От Andre Lopes
Тема Re: Database viewpoint of subject - Sending e-mails from database table with Cronjob
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks for the reply.

I will move the topic to the php/pgsql if I don't get how to do it.

Thanks for the help.

Best Regards,

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 4:49 PM, Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com> wrote:

> > [quote]
> > The other way is to let the cron job spawn new processes (up to a
> > limited number of child proceses) as long as there are mails to send.
> > These child processes runs as long as there are mails to send, then
> > they die. The cron job will then mostly do process controll/start new
> > processes.
> > [/quote]
> >
> > How can I do this. I'am thinking to use a PHP Script?
>
> This is getting a little of topic, but I guess something like
> exec('php some_script.php') will work?

There's a php/pgsql list available on this listserve that will get
you a lot more help in this area.

However, I would suggest PHP's pcntl_fork() and friends for creating
multiple processes.  Of course, that's only needed if you want to
run them in parallel, which was unclear to me.

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com