Re: pg_dump 8.4.9 failing after upgrade to openssl-1.0.1e-30.el6_6.11.x86_64 on redhat linux

От Piotr Gackiewicz
Тема Re: pg_dump 8.4.9 failing after upgrade to openssl-1.0.1e-30.el6_6.11.x86_64 on redhat linux
Дата
Re: Re: pg_dump 8.4.9 failing after upgrade to openssl-1.0.1e-30.el6_6.11.x86_64 on redhat linux  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
Albe Laurenz <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at> wrote:

> Maybe it has something to do with this OpenSSL bug:
> http://rt.openssl.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=3712&user=guest&pass=guest
>
> Basically, OpenSSL fails to handle application data messages during renegotiation.
>
> I have only encountered that when using other SSL libraries together with
> OpenSSL, but maybe it can also happen with only OpenSSL.
>
> Just to make sure:
> Do you have the same version of OpenSSL on both PostgreSQL client and server?

Yep, that's it :

$ psql -h localhost -c "SET ssl_renegotiation_limit='3kB'; SELECT repeat('0123456789', 1800);"
SSL error: unexpected message
connection to server was lost

psql and server share same openssl library on the same host, of course.

--
Piotr Gackiewicz