Re: How to avoid empty temp schemas

От Andrew - Supernews
Тема Re: How to avoid empty temp schemas
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2006-04-24, Andrus <eetasoft@online.ee> wrote:
> After some time of working, Postgres 8.1.3 on W2K creates large a number of
> empty schemas in my database.
>
> Those schemas are named  pg_temp_1 .. pg_temp_13  (some names are missing in
> sequence).

This is normal. The number of temp schemas created will never exceed
max_connections. They are recycled, not removed, as needed.

> Some of them do not contain any objects. Some contain temp tables created by
> my application.

The ones that are in use may contain objects. Those objects are cleared out
when the connection ends. In the event of a crash, they are cleared out
when the temp schema is next recycled.

> Is it safe to remove those schemas ?

It is not necessary. I do not know if it is safe.

--
Andrew, Supernews