Re: POSTGRES DB 3 800 000 rows table, speed up?

От Andrew - Supernews
Тема Re: POSTGRES DB 3 800 000 rows table, speed up?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2005-12-27, Eugene <evgenius@hot.ee> wrote:
> I've indexed first two columns they are IPfrom, IPto also table is btree
> version of postgre is 7.4.8, on hosting
> I ask db like this  SELECT * FROM ipdb2 WHERE '3229285376' BETWEEN ipfrom
> AND ipto;
>
> and get answer after 3-10 seconds, is there a way to speed it up somehow?
> any tweaks and tuneups possible with it?

http://pgfoundry.org/projects/ip4r

Designed specifically for storing IP ranges as in your example, it will
(if correctly used) reduce that query time down to a few milliseconds.

--
Andrew, Supernews

От: Volkan YAZICI
Сообщение: Re: generic way to retrieve array as rowset
Сообщение: Re: generic way to retrieve array as rowset