Re: Unicode problems on IRC

От Andrew - Supernews
Тема Re: Unicode problems on IRC
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2005-04-09, Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> wrote:
> Uh, I thought we fixed this another way, buy not using Unicode-aware
> functions for upper/lower/initcap when the locale is "C" or "POSIX".
> That is backpatched to 8.0.X.  Does that not fix the problem reported?

Unicode values over 0xFFFF are simply not accepted on input, so no, it
doesn't fix the problem. What do upper/lower/initcap have to do with it?

textin() unconditionally calls pg_verifymbstr, which in turn explicitly
checks for such values (if the encoding is UTF8) and throws ERROR if it
finds them.

--
Andrew, Supernews