Re: HELP! BUG? pg_dump mucks up grant/revoke

От jdassen@cistron.nl (J.H.M. Dassen (Ray))
Тема Re: HELP! BUG? pg_dump mucks up grant/revoke
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> it will force people to do manual correction of their dump files, if they
> have views with permissions set on them.

> Question we need to think about: is this a sufficiently bad problem to
> justify putting out a 7.1.3 release?

Well, if there isn't a 7.1.3 release that fixes this, there'll be a lot of
users running into this problem when they upgrade to 7.2. If there is a
7.1.3 release that fixes this, many people will not encounter this problem
as they will have upgraded to 7.1.3 (without needing a dump/restore) by the
time 7.2 is released.

I'd certainly appreciate a 7.1.3 maintenance release.

Ray
--
"A.O.L.. C.I.A.. NSA. Whatever. They all have three letters. They all
collect information. And they all screw the public."