Re: indices are crashed after installation of rpm

От jdassen@cistron.nl (J.H.M. Dassen (Ray))
Тема Re: indices are crashed after installation of rpm
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Peter Keller <peter.keller@bvv.bayern.de> wrote:
>we are running PostgreSQL 7.0.2 on Solaris 2.6,/x86 compiled by gcc 2.8.1.

There are at least two components in this you might consider upgrading:
- PostgreSQL itself (to 7.0.3 or, even better, 7.1)
- gcc. Gcc 2.8.1 was a bit of a dead end in gcc development; by the time
  it was released, the EGCS development effort was quite a bit more
  advanced. The EGCS work has been incorporated into gcc 2.95(.x), and
  personally I trust gcc 2.95.3 a lot more than I'd trust 2.8.1.

HTH,
Ray
--
"My golden rule of computing is reboot your system every morning."
    Jon C.A. DeKeles, Technical Director, ZDNet AnchorDesk