Re: List response time...

От Ian Lance Taylor
Тема Re: List response time...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
David Ford <david@blue-labs.org> writes:

> >ooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....  I've been raggin on
> >Marc on that one for well over a year, maybe two..  I started using
> >qmail when it was still in .7something beta and never looked back.  The
> >folks at Security Focus have moved all of the lists to ezmlm (part of
> >qmail) and have had nothing but success...  But don't tell Marc.
> >

> And ezlm is -ever- so quick to tell you your mail is bouncing when
> your link goes down for a few hours or is sporadic.  I know of several
> others that simply send you the emails that are in queue.

I don't know what you are referring to here.  ezmlm simply handles
bounces generated by the MTA.  qmail does not bounce mail merely
because a link goes down for a few hours or is sporadic.

There is an issue here which you may be referring to: vanilla ezmlm
does not handle temporary failure DSN notices very well--it treats
them as bounces.  This is easily fixable, and in fact I believe that
ezmlm+idx (which is what most people use) does handle them correctly
by default.

Ian