fyi: possible security bug linking from MS Access

От Fred Parkinson
Тема fyi: possible security bug linking from MS Access
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
I am using ms access (XP, aka 2002) to link to a postgres database with
odbc driver 7.02.00.05 and using the ms access facilities
File>Get external data>link tables>ODBC databases().

If I start my app the normal way I am asked to provide a postgres user
and password.

However, if i start Access with the shift key down, so my startup form
doesn't open, delete my table links and relink, I am never asked for my
postgres user and password yet am successfully linked to the postgres
tables and my app behaves normally.  I simply open the startup form and
I am in without needing the postgres user and password.

Fred Parkinson
Grand Canyon Software
510-536-6063
fred@fredrated.com