Re: [BUGS] pg_tables view definition incorrect??

От Mike Quinn
Тема Re: [BUGS] pg_tables view definition incorrect??
Дата
Список pgsql-general
The inclusion of the relkind='s' made me think that something other than tables
were to be included as well. I don't see any problem with the original intention
of returning only tables. The view now is operating "almost" as designed. It does
return "pg_xactlock" which is a special relation. The relkind='s' should be removed
in order to conform with the intention.

Mike Quinn

"Mike Quinn" <mquinn@co.merced.ca.us> writes:
> Given that 'S' => Sequence and 's' => special shouldn't the last condition in the WHERE clause be:
> c.relkind = 'S'::"char"

Only if you suppose that pg_tables should show sequences, which was not
the intention.  (I'm not real sure why 's' relations are listed, since
they're not really tables either, but the view is operating as
designed.)

I'm prepared to listen to an argument that pg_tables should show
sequences, but that's a definition change not a bug fix.  Want to
bring it up on -general or -hackers?