Re: installing contrib/tsearch with a FreeBSD Port

От Ian Harding
Тема Re: installing contrib/tsearch with a FreeBSD Port
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I use NetBSD Packages and did the same thing before cleaning the source tree.  You should be able to do the equivalent
of"make extract" to get the source back then go into the work directory and compile/install from there.  In NetBSD this
willnot clobber anything or require deinstalling.

The only bit that didn't work that great was the tests.  They don't like being run as root, but you can't create the
directoriesunless you are root.  Changing the permissions on the source tree can fix that.

Ian Harding
Programmer/Analyst II
Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department
iharding@tpchd.org
Phone: (253) 798-3549
Pager: (253) 754-0002

>>> "culley harrelson" <culley@ml1.net> 06/02/03 07:50AM >>>
I have postgresql7.3.2 installed via the FreeBSD ports system and I would
like to mess around with contrib/tsearch.  I have used portupgrade to
clean all the distributions so I do not have the source.  Are the contrib
files in the sources left by the freebsd port?!?  Could I just re-install
the port and go into the sources?  I don't want to mess with the system
if this isn't going to work :)

culley

http://archives.postgresql.org