Re: Threads

От Ulrich Neumann
Тема Re: Threads
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello all,

it's very interesting to see the discussion of "threads" again.

I've portet PostgreSQL to a "thread-per-connection" model based on
pthreads
and it is functional. Most of the work was finding all the static
globals in the sourcefiles
and swapping them between threads and freeing memory if a thread
terminates.
(PostgreSQL isn't written very clean in the aspects of memory
handling).

My version of the thread-based PostgreSQL is not very efficient at the
moment because
I haven't done any optimisation of the code to better support threads
and I'm using just a
simple semaphore to control switching of data but this could be a
starting point for
others who want to see this code. If this direction will be taken
seriously I'm very willing
to help.

If someone is interested in the code I can send a zip file to everyone
who wants.

Ulrich
---------------------------------- This e-mail is virus scanned Diese e-mail ist virusgeprueft