Re: setval('myfunsequence', 0)

От Ian Harding
Тема Re: setval('myfunsequence', 0)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Argh!  Sorry.  I should RTFM!

>>> "scott.marlowe" <scott.marlowe@ihs.com> 12/06/02 07:53AM >>>
On Fri, 6 Dec 2002, Ian Harding wrote:

> The subject statement does not work for automagically generated sequences (minvalue is 1 by default, it seems.)  I
needto reset a sequence to where nextval('myfunsequence') is 1, and the only way to do it (I think) is to
setval('myfunsequence',0).

> I can just create this particular sequence with minvalue 0 start 1, but I am wondering what is the downside to this
beingthe default?  Alternatively, is there a way to make setval accept a value that is $start - $increment as seems to
happenon creation?

Not true.  Take a look at:
http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/functions-sequence.html

And note near the bottom, that you can setval with a third boolean value,
like so:

SELECT setval('foo', 1, false);

and the next nextval() will return 1

От: "scott.marlowe"
Сообщение: Re: setval('myfunsequence', 0)
От: Jean-Luc Lachance
Сообщение: Re: Order of execution of Constraints, Triggers and Rules