Re: MS-server <-> Ppostgresql

От Hegyvari Krisztian
Тема Re: MS-server <-> Ppostgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Just an idea: we recently migrated a bigger database from BTrieve to Oracle, through intermediate text files. Can't you
dosomething similar? Exporting on one side and importing on the other. That worked better for us than copying on a
recordby record basis.

Regards,

Hegyvari Krisztian

>>> Francois Sauterey <fs@snes.edu> 11/21/02 01:35pm >>>
Apology for my so poop english... and my cross-postage.

I plan to extract/copy about 120.000 lines from a MS SQL 7 server database
(on a NT machione) to a postresql database on a Linux machine (debian/woody).

But what a pity : I obtain (after so many tests, so many compilation with
so many different options) a copy of about 1200 lines/minute ;~{

And horror, I plan to make the same thing  whith a 3.000.000 lines database.

Any idea ?
Best regards