Re: Problem with Now()?

От Linn Kubler
Тема Re: Problem with Now()?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks for the suggestion Tom, I'll enquire with the developer who
developed the system about the JDBC version.

Linn

"Linn Kubler" <LKubler@ecw.org> writes:
> ...  The first record listed has the bad timestamp and the second
> is an older record with what I think is a normal timestamp.

> Hope this helps shed some light on the problem.  This is a problem
for
> me because it is crashing a JAVA application with an ejbexception:
Bad

-----------+--------------------------------------------------------------+------------------------
>        421 | Tour Guide for the Fond du Lac High School Geothermal
System | 2002-07-01 09:47:29-05
> (1 row)

Okay.  These are both perfectly valid; it's just that in prior
releases,
now() produced a result rounded to the nearest second and so you
rarely
would see any fractional-second timestamps.  As of 7.2 now() gives the
full accuracy of gettimeofday().

I believe that using a more recent release of our JDBC driver would
fix
your problem with the Java code not understanding the fractional
second.
If that's not practical, you can recreate the table with the timestamp
column redeclared as "timestamp(0) with time zone".  That limits the
column precision to 0 fractional digits, so you'll never see any
fractional part.