VACUUM ANALYZE makes things worse!

От Ian Harding
Тема VACUUM ANALYZE makes things worse!
Дата
Список pgsql-general
My troublesome view is called vtb_timecard.

This view runs acceptably quickly after re-creating and reloading the database, but is intolerable slow after vacuum
analyze. I assume I have inadvertently tricked the optimizer into doing The Wrong Thing somehow, and I hope what it is
willbe apparent to someone on the list.

I have indexes that help out on all the joins in the "s" query, and have tried creating the additional ones such as on
timedetail.shiftdiffand timedetail.adjperiod but with no affect.  I thought the issue might not only be a missing index
ontimedetail.adjperiod, but the fact that that field is usually NULL, so I tried populating the nulls with zeroes,
creatingand index, and analyzing again, still no luck.

I have put the schema and explain output on a website where I hope you can find them...

http://www.pakrat.com/pgtrouble

PS  If you are squeamish about an occasional obscenity in remarks, please don't even look, I am sure there are one or
two.

Ian A. Harding
Programmer/Analyst II
Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department