Problem: Permission denied when accessing a database via www

От Frank Bringezu
Тема Problem: Permission denied when accessing a database via www
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi all,

I' m using a Redhat Linux, Apache 1.3 with PHP (2.01) Module Support
and Postgres 6.3.2-4 to access a database via internet.
When I connect to the DB using the psql monitor everything works fine. In
order to use the Web interface I have
created a user 'nobody' and made 'Grant update on <table> to nobody'.
Then I restarted the postmaster with the -i
option.
Connecting the database with PHP (' $database = pg_Connect($pghost,
$pgport, "", "", $dbname);' results in the following
error message:

PostgreSQL :ERROR: cars: Permission denied.

What did I miss ?? Any suggestions welcome.
Thanks a lot
By Frank