Re: java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: canceling query due

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: canceling query due
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Thanks much for the clarification.  The statement_timeout setting is commented out, with a note that it defaults to
zeroand that this means it is disabled.

I'm moving this discussion to the admin group.  The failure occurs with the PostgreSQL server running on Windows
AdvancedServer 2003, while the same software and configuration works fine with the server on Windows 2000.  If nobody
cansuggest a configuration change to Windows to fix this I guess I'll report it as a bug on Windows 2003 and try to
convincemanagement here to use a different platform.  (I've been pushing Linux, but the DBA manager doesn't want to
changeboth OS and DBMS at the same time.)

-Kevin

Kevin Grittner wrote:

> I searched to ensure that nothing was invoking the Statement.setQueryTimeout method.

setQueryTimeout() is a no-op anyway in current drivers. I was talking
about the server's statement_timeout setting (set in postgresql.conf or
via SET or on a per-user/db basis).

> Hypothetically, would such a bug most likely be strictly server-side (in which case this is the wrong forum to pursue
it)

Yes.

-O

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

Сообщение: Re: java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: canceling query due
Сообщение: Re: java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: canceling query due