LDAP: Auto user creation and role membership

От Daniel Scott
Тема LDAP: Auto user creation and role membership
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I have Postgres 8.4.3 running with gss authentication against Fedora's
FreeIPA (Integrated Kerberos, LDAP and some other services).

I would like to auto-create users and auto-map postgres roles with
users and groups within the FreeIPA LDAP directory. Can anyone tell me
if this is available in Postgres? Looking through the docs, it appears
that it is not, and I have to manage user creation and role membership
manually.

I found this post from 5 years ago:

http://www.mail-archive.com/pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org/msg58156.html

But I haven't found anything mentioning this functionality since.

Is anyone else attempting to do this? I could probably write a script
or something to auto create postgres users from the LDAP directory
(and remove users who have been deleted from LDAP) and then
synchronise the roles with LDAP groups, but I don't want to repeat
this work if someone's already done it.

I'd also appreciate any hints or suggestions for ways to do this.

Thanks,

Dan