Re: BUG #1800: "unexpected chunk number" during pg_dump

От Aaron Harsh
Тема Re: BUG #1800: "unexpected chunk number" during pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> On Mon, Aug 01, 2005 at 06:02:30AM +0100, Aaron Harsh wrote:
> > pg_dump: ERROR:  unexpected chunk number 0 (expected 1) for toast value
> Looks very much like the table was corrupted.  Maybe you should try to
> test your RAM and disks.  Not sure how to do that on x86-64 though,
> unless the test utility at www.memtest86.com has been ported to it.

The server is running off of ECC RAM on a RAID-10 set, so a one-off disk/RA=
M failure seems unlikely.  The server had been running beautifully for 6 mo=
nths prior to this error, and hasn't been evidencing the problem since, so =
it seems unlikely that this is due to a bad DIMM or RAID controller.

The timing might be a coincidence, but this error happened within a day of =
our OID counter wrapping around back to 0.  (Although Tom Lane mentioned in=
 pgsql-general that he was inclined to consider the timing a coincidence).

--=20
Aaron Harsh
ajh@rentrak.com
503-284-7581 x347