Re: oids and pg_class_oid_index constraint

От Aaron Harsh
Тема Re: oids and pg_class_oid_index constraint
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> 08/03/05 1:33 PM >>>
> "Aaron Harsh" <ajh@rentrak.com> writes:
> > We've just recently started seeing sporadic constraint violations on system tables.  For example:
> >   duplicate key violates unique constraint "pg_class_oid_index" [for Statement "CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE...
>
> OID wraparound would explain that ...

Fantastic.  Will our plan ('set without oids', pg_dump, pg_restore) take care of the problem?

> > and the occasional
> >   unexpected chunk number 0 (expected 1) for toast value
>
> ... but not that.  The latter might possibly be due to a corrupt index
> on a toast table.  If you have a reproducible way of causing it, I'd
> definitely love to see it.

We've seen the error show up in twice in our serverlog, but I'm not sure what caused the toast tables to get in that
state. Is there anything helpful we could do with the table next time (save the relevant data/base files; run a query
againstthe toast tables)?

Thanks for the advice

--
Aaron Harsh