Re: Timestamp weirdness

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Timestamp weirdness
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
This explains why my suggestion would not work -- I was aware that
specifying a timezone to a TIMESTAMP WITHOUT TIME ZONE resulted in the
time zone being completely ignored -- I assumed that handling of the
value string for a timestampz within the protocol would follow the same
rules.  This also explains why it works correctly when people convert
the timestamp into a string with the desired time zone and insert that
as a literal in place of the ? within the PreparedStatement.

Thanks for the info.

I assume that the behavior of the server when receiving a timestampz
within the protocol couldn't be changed to match the handling of a
literal without breaking significant existing code.

-Kevin

>>> Oliver Jowett <oliver@opencloud.com> 07/25/05 6:08 PM >>>

If the target type is actually timestamp (TIMESTAMP WITHOUT TIME ZONE),
the server converts the instant identified by the timestamptz value
using the server's TimeZone setting to get a local date/time, and stores
that.

The string -> timestamp conversion
*completely ignores* the supplied timezone, just using the specified
date/time directly

Сообщение: Re: SQLException and error code
Сообщение: Re: SQLException and error code