Re: Timestamp Conversion Woes Redux

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Timestamp Conversion Woes Redux
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Could you post the URL so that I can find the reference without
searching the whole trail?  (My apologies if I missed this in an earlier
message -- there have been so many on this topic that I sometimes
skimmed.)

That would seem to conflict with information from the URL below, from
which I will paste a quote.

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/jdbc/getstart/mapping.html

Methods added in the JDBC 2.0 core API make it possible for the driver
to take a specified time zone into account when calculating a date,
time, or timestamp. The time zone information is included in a
java.util.Calendar object that is passed to new versions of the methods
for getting and setting Date, Time, and Timestamp values. When no time
zone is specified, the driver uses the time zone of the virtual machine
running the application when it calculates a date, time, or timestamp.

On 21-Jul-05, at 1:07 PM, Kevin Grittner wrote:

> (1)  When storing a Timestamp object to a database column which is
> defined as a timestamp with a time zone, what time zone should be
> used?
> Regardless of the choice, the value in the column must represent the
> same moment as the original Timestamp object.  It seems clear that
> some
> methods allow you to specify a Calendar object for the sole purpose of
> specifying the time zone, and that in the absence of that, the default
> time zone of the JVM should be used.

According to the JDBC API tutorial the time zone of the server

От: Dave Cramer
Сообщение: Re: Timestamp Conversion Woes Redux
От: Dave Cramer
Сообщение: Re: Timestamp Conversion Woes Redux