Re: relation does not exist error

От Ian Harding
Тема Re: relation does not exist error
Дата
Список pgsql-general
The answer is in the question!  It's the difference between Customers
and customers.

PostgreSQL folds identifiers to lower case if not double quoted.

The best solution is to use lower case consistently.  The alternative is
to use double quotes consistently.

Try SELECT * FROM "Customers"; and you will be happy again.

Ian Harding
Programmer/Analyst II
Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department
iharding@tpchd.org
Phone: (253) 798-3549
Pager: (253) 754-0002

>>> Simon Wittber <simonwittber@gmail.com> 12/02/04 7:01 PM >>>
I'm evaluationg PostgreSQL 8.0 beta 5 for a new development project.

I've created a user 'simon' and a database named 'WMSDV'.

I've created some tables (see below) and assigned arwdRxt privledges
to the 'simon' user.

However, when i use psql, I am unable to select these tables. I
receive a 'relation "'tabename' does not exist" error. I'm completely
new to PostgreSQL, and this problem has me stumped.

Sw.

WMSDV=# \dt
         List of relations
 Schema |   Name    | Type  | Owner
 public | Customers | table | simon
 public | Persons   | table | simon
(2 rows)

WMSDV=# select * from Customers;
ERROR:  relation "customers" does not exist
WMSDV=# select * from public.Customers;
ERROR:  relation "public.customers" does not exist
WMSDV=#

TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend