Re: Image Insert Postgresql DB

От Premsun Choltanwanich
Тема Re: Image Insert Postgresql DB
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
I use VB as develop tool and ADO for connect. My code is show below and
for vPicMember is stand ADOStream in Binary.

rs.Open "SELECT * FROM t_mbrpic WHERE mbrsysid = " & vSysId, conn,
adOpenStatic, adLockOptimistic   If rs.EOF Then rs.AddNew   rs!MbrSysId = vSysId   rs!MbrPic = vPicMember.Read
rs.Update
rs.Close

In this case, Is I must still escape the octets with \\ that is two
backslashes?  Could anybody has some suggestion?

On Tuesday 23 November 2004 12:48 pm, Premsun Choltanwanich wrote:
> I face this same problem when I try to insert image by lo_import to
> database with my client files. I already change the way to bytea
data
> type but it's not work. The error return like type mismatch when I
try
> to insert it from Binary variable.
>
> Why I cannot insert it? If anybody found some solution please reply
on
> this topic for me too.

you must escape the octets with \\ that is two backslashes and not one

backslash.

for example if your binary data is like this:

\x05\x00\x02

you must make it like so:

\\x05\\x00\\x02

please see chapter 8.4 of the postgresql manual.

kg