Backend disconnect problems

От Bob Powell
Тема Backend disconnect problems
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello everyone,

I have received any error message in my Postgres error log as follows:

"The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend died abnormally
and possibly corrupted shared memory.  I have rolled back the current
transaction and am going to terminate your database system connection
and exit.  Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your
query."

This error message repeats itself at 11:13, 11:16 and 11:57 on the same
day AM.  Then it dissappeared.  I can find no evidence of it over the
weekend and went back 20 days in the old logs and no occurrences of it
there either.

I had a user who uses pgamind on occassion for quering the backend who
told me that he did not intterupt any of the criteria he was running.

Do I just chalk it up to a "transient anomaly" ?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Bob Powell
Database Administrator