restoring pgdump file file from 7.2 branch to 7.4

От Bob Powell
Тема restoring pgdump file file from 7.2 branch to 7.4
Дата
Re: restoring pgdump file file from 7.2 branch to 7.4  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-general
Hello everyone:

I am attempting to upgrade from 7.2 to 7.4 Postgresql.  I have successfully installed 7.4 and am attempting to use the pgdump from 7.2 for 7.4.  I'm having only one slight error that I would like some help with.

I create both the pgsql and pltcl languages.  I get two messages that I don't understand.  The first is a warning from the pgsql with reads:

changing return type of function plpgsql_call_handler from opaque to language_handler.  Does this matter?

The other error message is could not load library "/usr/lib/pgsql/pltcl.so": /usr/lib/pgsql/pltcl.so: undefined symbol: elog

  function pltcl_call_hander() does not exist.

I am sure that the pltcl.so is in the correct location.  Would the version issue of pltcl.so matter?  I'm using the pltcl.so from my older 7.2 branch.

Thanks!

Bob Powell
Database Administrator