Re: [GENERAL] psql - looking in wrong place for socket

От George Neuner
Тема Re: [GENERAL] psql - looking in wrong place for socket
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 17 Mar 2017 10:31:16 -0400, Steve Clark
<steve.clark@netwolves.com> wrote:

>Hmm... maybe you missed the fact I am running CentOS 6. It appears
>8.20 is the latest official release.

I'm running 9.5.5 on Centos 6.8 - no problems at all.

Go into /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo, and add the line

  exclude=postgresql*

to both the [base] and [updates] section.  This will prevent yum from
looking at the Centos repositories for anything postgresql.

Then grab a repo file for a more recent version from
https://yum.postgresql.org/ and place the file in /etc/yum.repos.d.

From that point, yum will see the new version.

I don't know what issues you may face in upgrading from 8.2 - I have
never tried leaping so many [major] versions at once.

George