Authentication failed when Password contains Japaneese Charecters

От Shivender Devarakonda
Тема Authentication failed when Password contains Japaneese Charecters
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi all,
I am using Postgres SQL version 8.3 server and I have a client that uses Postgres SQL JDBC driver. I have a user "admin" with the password having japaneese charecters 形式.

Step -1 I used psql client to connect to the Database and it was successful and I am able to see the tables.

Ste-2 Our application uses the JDBC driver to connect to the Database. I see that the password is correctly passed to the

class: org.postgresql.core.v3.ConnectionFactoryImpl

method:doAuthentication

The first statement there

String password = info.getProperty("password");

returning the "japaneese charecters that I passed.

after that control is going to

case AUTH_REQ_PASSWORD: block after it flushes the password I see that exception is coming.

 I see the following log statement in the postgres logs:

[64276-[unknown]-[unknown]-2010-04-20 17:07:56.157 PDT]LOG:  connection received: host=138.42.220.183 port=2634
[64276-cemdb-admin-2010-04-20 17:07:56.157 PDT]FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "admin"

we use the following JDBC Driver: postgresql-8.4-701.jdbc4.jar

I am not sure why we do not see any problem with psql but we see the problem with JDBC drivers.

Please assist me on this.

Thanks,

Shivender