Re: Slow in morning hours

От: Harald Fuchs
Тема: Re: Slow in morning hours
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Postgresql on SAN  ("Anjan Dave", )
 Re: Postgresql on SAN  (Josh Berkus, )
  Re: Postgresql on SAN  (Nick Barr, )
  Slow in morning hours  (<>, )
   Re: Slow in morning hours  (Andrew Sullivan, )
   Re: Slow in morning hours  (Bill Moran, )
   Re: Slow in morning hours  (, )
  Re: Postgresql on SAN  (Joseph Shraibman, )
 Re: Slow in morning hours  (Harald Fuchs, )

In article <40361DBE.3636.10FEBF@localhost>,
<> writes:

> Hi All,
> I am using Linux 7.2 and postgresql 7.2.

> Our Office hours are over at 6pm but we use to keep our server
> running 24 hours a day.  On the second day morning, Our PGSQL
> Server becomes very slow.

> After continuous usage of one hour, It gradually starts responding
> faster ! This has become every day routine !

> do u have any idea related to this !!!! Is there any other reason that I
> need to check up?

> Please any any idea to get relief daily morning problem !!

I guess you're doing a VACUUM at night which invalidates the buffer
cache.  If that's what happens, it's easy to fix: run some dummy
queries after the VACUUM which cause the buffer cache to get filled.