Re: Data Warehouse Reevaluation - MySQL vs Postgres --

От Harald Fuchs
Тема Re: Data Warehouse Reevaluation - MySQL vs Postgres --
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
In article <BF88DF69D9E2884B9BE5160DB2B97A85010D6D5F@nlshl-exch1.eu.uis.unisys.com>,
"Leeuw van der, Tim" <tim.leeuwvander@nl.unisys.com> writes:

> So what I can say is, that if you want fast INSERT performance from
> PostgreSQL then you'll probably have to do some trickery that you
> wouldn't have to do with a default MySQL installation.

I think the word "INSERT" is superfluous in the above sentence ;-)

Contrary to MySQL, you can't expect decent PostgreSQL performance on
decent hardware without some tuning.

Сообщение: Re: Data Warehouse Reevaluation - MySQL vs Postgres --
Сообщение: Re: Data Warehouse Reevaluation - MySQL vs Postgres --