TOAST tables bug restoring to PostgreSQL 9.0.4

От ZIV - Beratung
Тема TOAST tables bug restoring to PostgreSQL 9.0.4
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hello PostgreSQL-Team,

i have got a problem with PostgreSQL 9.0.4.

I want to migrate.
If I dump (pg_dump 8.3) any 8.3 PostgreSQL-Database and then
restore (pg_restore 9.0.4) to a PostgreSQL 9.0.4 Database,
the relpages information concerning restored TOAST-tables in pg_class is
wrong.

The relpages entries are all 0 (or 1(TOAST-Index-relations))!

First I thought all information is missing, lost while being dumped and
restored

BUT

select pg_table_size(oid) [oid of the real table i.e. containing pictures]
is (by for example factor 10) bigger than
pg_relation_size(oid) in these cases.

(Also
 - the pg_total_relation_size ist only about 10% smaller than that of its
 migration-origin,
   so the size i think is generally o.k, comprising some compression
   improvement in the new Version
 - the pg_relation_size ist also about 10% smaller than that of its
 migration-origin,
   so it's not detoasted in any way.
)

relpages entries for PostgreSQL-own-TOAST-Tables of pg_statistics and
pg_rewrite are o.k.

Any help/fix would be appreciated.

Arne