Re: DETERMINISTIC as synonym for IMMUTABLE

От Troels Arvin
Тема Re: DETERMINISTIC as synonym for IMMUTABLE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 18:08:00 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:

>> I suggest that DETERMINISTIC be added as a synonym for IMMUTABLE and that
>> "NOT DETERMINISTIC" be added as an alias for VOLATILE in PostgreSQL's
>> grammar for CREATE FUNCTION.
>
> These do NOT mean the same thing.

I'm having a hard time seeing the difference between DETERMINISTIC and
IMMUTABLE.

My suggestion for "NOT DETERMINISTIC"==VOLATILE is because VOLATILE seems
to be the least strict of the three PostgreSQL volatility categories.

Do you disagree on both, or just the last one?

--
Greetings from Troels Arvin, Copenhagen, Denmark

Сообщение: Re: tsearch2 regression test path problem
Сообщение: Re: tsearch2 regression test path problem